These zucchini bites are a healthy way to have a mini pizza. Delicious and packed with flavor. Great for party appetizers.
2 large zucchini, scrubbed clean, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
Few Tablespoons olive oil
sprinkle of basil
sprinkle of oregano
salt and pepper
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4-1/2 cup mini pepperoni pieces
1. Slice zucchini rounds, then brush a little olive oil on each side, sprinkle with salt and pepper
2. Preheat the broiler or you can use grill pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side
3. Place the zucchini on foil lined baking sheet
4. Place a little sauce, cheese and pepperoni pieces on each zucchini round and broil for an additional
2-3 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly, careful not to let burn
5. Sprinkle with basil and oregano if desired and serve warm. Enjoy!!!
Recipe Adapted From:www.thecomfortofcooking.com