Their is one word for this cheesecake.."Amazing"..It has a buttery graham cracker and oat crust, with a filling of soft but crisp apples with cinnamon filling, then topped off with a oat and cinnamon topping..Wait, it gets better, a Drizzle of caramel on top..Can this cheesecake be any perfect. My husband is a cheesecake lover and this is number one on his list. I know you will enjoy this recipe!!!
For The Crust:
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
4 teaspoons brown sugar
3 Tablespoons melted butter
For The Filling:
2 ( 8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 Tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 ground ginger
2/3 cup apples, peeled and sliced, not to thick
For The Topping:
3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons quick cooking oats
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons cold butter
Caramel Ice Cream Topping, if desired
1. In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, oats, brown sugar, then add the butter until mixture is moistened.
2. Press into a 6 inch springform pan coated with cooking spray and set aside.
Directions For The Filling:
1. In a bowl combine the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth, add the egg and beat on low until just combined. Stir in sour cream, cinnamon and ginger and mix until just combined.
2. Pour over crust, then arrange apple slices over filling then add the topping.
3. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes until center is almost set.
4. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes then run a butter knife around the edges, and keep on rack for another hour.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Just before serving, remove the sides of the springform pan.
7. Just before serving drizzle caramel topping if desired, store leftovers in refrigerator.
Directions For The Topping:
- 8For topping, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 9Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple slices.