Saturday, February 8, 2014
Creamy Baked Corn With Bacon
1 sick of butter melted, slightly cooled
1 box jiffy corn bread mix
1 cup sour cream
1 can corn, undrained
1 can creamed corn
1 egg, beaten, at room temperature
Toppings: bacon ( cooked, drained, and crumbled, then set aside until corn casserole is done cooking, then and warm it up in microwave for 1 minute before sprinkling over the casserole.
Scallions, sliced for garnish, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl combine the melted butter, sour cream, and egg and mix until combined
3. Add in the corn bread mix and both corns and mix well then pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top becomes slightly golden brown, take out of oven.
5. If using bacon sprinkle the bacon evenly over the top and garnish with scallions.
Recipe adapted from: pinchofyum.com