Ok, so we have all been to theme parks, football and baseball games and have had a churro. I will admit it, I purchased the frozen ones many times in the store. But have you ever had one homemade, maybe not. Well get to the store buy what you need and make these right away, believe me you will want to. Don't you wish you can grab the screen and eat all of these, I wish you could. When I make these, the family comes in the kitchen real quick, I cant make enough. The smell in your kitchen will bring them running. I promise you!!!! And did I mention, they are so simple to make..
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
3 Tablespoons butter, diced
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
vegetable oil for frying
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a heavy bottom pan over medium high heat to about 360 degrees, keeping an eye on the temperature of the oil, while making the dough, if it becomes to hot remove from burner for a minute until it comes back down to 360 degrees
2. In a medium saucepan combine milk, water, butter, and 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil.
3. Once it comes to a boil remove immediately off the heat and stir in vanilla and flour. Stir mixture with a silicone spatula, stirring all the way to bottom of saucepan and keep stirring until you remove any lumps and is smooth.
4. Transfer the dough to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and carefully pipe about 1-1/2 inches of dough using clean scissors to cut dough at the end to allow to drop into the oil. Work in small batches because you do not want to overcrowd the pan. Allow churros to fry until golden brown ( stir occasionally, in the beginning so they do not stick) and keep turning with a wire whisk to keep all sides a golden brown color. Remove with a wire skimmer and place on a plate or baking sheet lined with several layers of paper towels.
5. In a small bowl whisk together the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon, toss warm drained churro's into the cinnamon sugar mixture until all are evenly coated and serve immediately, if desired you can drizzle with chocolate sauce..