Monday, February 17, 2014
Spaghetti Casserole Topped With French Fried Onions
This is a family favorite that everyone will love. Quick and easy meal, that is why I love casseroles, all you need is a nice salad and Italian Bread and Enjoy!!! Oh, this is s good!!!
8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
1 pound ground beef
1 large jar spaghetti sauce ( about 26.5 ounces) I just make my own sauce, so use your own favorite recipe or you can buy a jar
1 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup red or green pepper, chopped
1/3 cup chopped onions
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
2 Tablespoons milk
Small can french fried onions
1. Cook spaghetti according to directions on package, cook al dente, then set aside
2. Brown ground beef, cook until no longer pink, drain grease, add the spaghetti sauce and keep heat on low.
3. In another sauté pan add the butter and olive oil and add the onions, and sauté on medium-low for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the softened cubed cream cheese and the milk and stir until all is melted and smooth.
4. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with a little cooking spray and start the layers with a layer of sauce on the bottom, then the cooked spaghetti, cream cheese/veggie mixture, remaining spaghetti sauce and the parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, take out of the oven, top with the french fried onions, and bake for another 5 minutes. Don't leave the french fried onions out, that is what makes this casserole so good.
recipe adaped from:salad-in-a-jar.com