Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Pecorino Crusted Chicken Breast
4 large chicken breasts
3 eggs beaten
2 cups breadcrumbs
1 cup finely grated pecorino cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1. Place a large frying pan over medium-heat, then add the olive oil and butter
2. Place 2 sheets of plastic wrap down on a counter, place one chicken breast between the plastic wrap and with a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the meat until thin cutlets form.
3. Combine the bread crumbs with the cheese, paprika, salt and pepper and place in a shallow wide bowl.
4. Place the eggs in a shallow wide bowl.
5. Dredge the chicken in the eggs, then into the bread crumb mixture, patting down to make sure it is coated well.
6. Place in the frying pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side until both sides are crispy and the center is no longer pink.
7. Serve with sliced lemon and squeeze lemon over cutlets before eating, if desired.