1 cup fresh basil leaves
2 cloves, garlic
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 - 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
24 cherry tomatoes
16 wooden or medal skewers
1. In a food processor add basil leaves, garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Pulse several times then slowly drizzle in the olive oil while still pulsing. Then there is always remaining marinade stuck t the bottom and the sides of the food processor or blender, instead of scraping every lit bit out, the trick is to add 1/2 cup water to food processor and pulse several times and it will collect all remaining bits, then add that to the marinate, it works great and thins it out a little bit. Worked out perfect because the more marinate the better.
2. In a large bowl, or plastic ziploc bag add the chicken and pour the marinade over the chicken, let marinade for at least 1 hour , up to several hours.
3. Meanwhile soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes in water, so they do not burn on grill
4. After the chicken is done marinating, beginning and ending with chicken thread the chicken then the tomatoes, using 2 skewers per kebab, so they stay stable.
5. Using outdoor or indoor grill, using cooking spray, spray the grates so the kebabs do not stick. Cook about 3-4 minutes on one side, turn over then another 3-4 minutes on the other side, or until no longer pink.
6. Serve and Enjoy!!!
Recipe Slightly Adapted From: skinnytaste.com