These shells taste as good as they look, a great twist on stuffed shells, for anyone who loves tacos, this is the dish for you. No need to make a side dish with this one, it has everything in it for a meal. When you make these shells your family will love them. A delicious filling, with taco sauce and cheesy goodness on top...Enjoy!!
1 pound ground beef ( or ground turkey if desired)
1 package taco seasoning
4 ounces cream cheese
16 large shells
2 cups favorite salsa
1 1/2 cups taco sauce
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups monterrey jack cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a sauté pan brown ground beef until no longer pink, drain, add the taco seasoning mix and make according to directions on package
3. Add cream cheese to sauté pan and cook on low, covered, until cream cheese is melted. Then set aside.
4. While ground beef is cooking heat boiling water in large stockpot and add the shells and cook according to package directions. I cook mine 2 minutes less so the shells do not get to soft while in oven.
5. After shells are done, drain, then place on cookie sheet so they do not stick.
6. Take out a 9x13 pan and cover the bottom with salsa, stuff each shell with about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture, place in the pan, evenly cover with the taco sauce
7. Cover the pan with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes
8. After 30 minutes remove the shells from oven, remove foil, add both cheeses on top and bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Top with a little more salsa and scallions if desired, and sour cream on the side, if you like.
Recipe Adapted From:the-girl-who-ate-everything.com