1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate ( I use Ghirardelli)
1/2 pound semisweet chocolate ( I use Ghirardelli )
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon prepared coffee
Toppings to roll truffles in: cocoa powder, powdered sugar, mini marshmallows, sprinkles
1. Chop the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl
2. Heat the cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil
3. Turn off the heat and let cream cool for 1 minute
4. Pour the cream into the bowl with chopped chocolate, stir until completely melted.
5. Add the coffee, vanilla and continue stirring
6. Set aside at room temperature for about an hour, or place in airtight container in the refrigerator.
7. With a small cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture then in your hands roll into a ball and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet
8. Roll in sprinkles, cocoa, powdered sugar, nuts or whatever toppings you like.
9. They will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, best served at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from: thecookierookie.com