If you love honey, granola, peanuts, this is a perfect granola for you, the taste of this is amazing bursting with peanut butter, slight undertone taste of the coconut oil, roasted peanuts, oats, then add a little more crunch from the M&M's, and some soft peanut butter chips or chocolate chips, its what you desire, chocolate and peanut butter go together perfectly if desired. We all love granola,
I do have a favorite that I always make, it is the best, but for the peanut butter lovers this one if for you. This will be great with milk as a cereal, on yogurt, or vanilla ice cream.
Granola is always on my counter, a healthy snack to have on hand for on the go or to snack on at home. I found this recipe and had to make again and again.
I do have my favorite granola you should try:http://cookiescrumbsandchickens.blogspot.com/2014/01/granola.html
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, in the melted state
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- optional: 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- optional: 1/2 cup mini or regular size M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat
- In a large bowl, microwave the coconut oil and honey together for about 30 seconds or you can melt in a small saucepan on the stovetop. Remove from the microwave and using a rubber spatula, stir until they are melted together and smooth. If not smooth, microwave in 10 second intervals until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Take out of the microwave and add the oats, peanuts, and cinnamon. Stir the mixture and make sure to coat everything completely. The oats should all be moist and coated.
- Spread onto the prepared baking shee, do not overcrowwd, if needed you may need 2 baking sheets, and bake for 30- 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes . Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool for 20 minutes then add the peanut butter chips and M&Ms on top. On the baking sheet stir everything completely until all combined well. Cool completely. Granola remains fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 weeks.
recipe slightly adapted and photo source: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2015/02/23/honey-roasted-peanut-butter-granola/