So this is Muddy Mix week..I am making about 7 different kinds, all recipes will be posted. But I can tell you the hardest thing is to pick out which one to make, because they are all so good. This recipe that I made today is Peanut Butter Brownie, the taste of the Chex mix coated with peanut butter, brownie mix and milk chocolate is perfect in itself, but to add bite sized pieces of fresh homemade brownies, beware they will be gone before you know it!!!!
6 cups rice Chex cereal
1 cups milk chocolate chips or melts
1/2 creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup brownie mix, from the box
To Mix In : Make a batch of brownies ( Follow directions on box bake in a 13x9 inch pan, let cool)
and set aside, cut into mini bite size pieces, then add to the Muddy Buddy Mix
1. In a large mixing bowl measure out 6 cups Rice Chex cereal and set aside.
2. In a microwave proof bowl add the chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla, then melt starting for 1 minute, then stir until everything melted and smooth.
3. Fold into the Chex cereal and gently toss until they are all coated.
4. Dump the coated cereal into a large plastic bag and add the brownie mix and shake,shake,shake until all cereal is coated with brownie mix.
5. Dump onto a cookie sheet to let set. Then add the bite size pieces of cooked brownie's and toss into the Muddy Mix
Notes: You can also make peanut butter brownie's, or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups