Sunday, February 9, 2014
Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Cheddar Bay Biscuits, this is a copycat recipe from the famous Red Lobster. I like these better. They are easy to make and you will have delicious biscuits in 20 minutes..
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper, whisk until combined.
3. In another bowl whisk together buttermilk and melted butter, pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, using a rubber spatula mix just until moist, then gently fold in cheese.
4. Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the evenly onto the prepared pan. Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
5. For the topping, whisk together the butter, parsley, and garlic powder then with a brush, gently brush each biscuit with the butter mixture and serve immediately
Recipe Adapted From: The Slow Roasted Italian