Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Cheesy Bacon Jalapeños
These cheesy jalapeños are so good, filled with a cheddar and cream cheese mixture, that offsets the heat. They are perfect for dinner parties, appetizers for any occasion. One word of advice, wear gloves. We are planning on having lots of snow, I usually bake, bake and bake..well I still am, but I am going to try some new recipes while we are all home.
16 ounce cream cheese, 2 packages, room temperature
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound bacon, cut into thirds
1. Preheat oven to 375 and place parchment paper on cookie sheets
2. In a large bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder, mix until all combined well.
3. USING GLOVES, slice each jalapeño in half, lengthwise and remove seeds.
4. Using a spoon, fill each jalapeño generously with the cheese filling, then wrap the jalapeño with the bacon, and secure with a toothpick
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is browned, and cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!!