We all like stuffed peppers and their are so many different ways to make them. Well here you go, Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers. A cheesesteak without the bun, what a great idea. Try this one for dinner tonight!!
8 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
8-10 slices provolone cheese
2 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 medium onion, sliced
6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
3 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic cloves, minced finely
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and take out a cookie sheet lined with foil and set aside.
2.Wash peppers, slice them in half lengthwise, then remove ribs and seeds
3. In a sauté pan on medium heat, add the butter and olive oil, then add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic and cook for about 20-25 minutes until they are caramelized.
4. Stack the roast beef and thinly slice into strips. Place the roast beef into the pan with the onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes
5. Line each bottom of the pepper with a slice of provolone cheese, then stuff each pepper with the meat mixture, packing it in each pepper, then place another slice of provolone cheese on top.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until top is a golden brown..Enjoy!!!
Recipe Adapted From: peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.com