Friday, February 28, 2014
Chocolate Covered Banana Bread Truffles
14 ounce box quick banana bread mix
1 stick butter, softened
3 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 ounce bag good quality bittersweet chocolate morsels or chips
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. In a large mixing bowl combine quick banana bread mix, butter and milk and vanilla, beat until well blended and you can form into a ball of dough, about 3 minutes.
2. Form tablespoon size balls with mixture and place a toothpick in center on a parchment lined cookie sheet, easy way to also do is place toothpick through truffles and place stick toothpick in styrofoam to stand up straight.
3. Place truffles in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
4. Using a double boiler, or in the microwave melt chips in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
5. Dip truffles in melted chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off, place back on parchment lined cookie sheet or on the styrofoam.
6. Before chocolate hardens, sprinkle with walnuts, then place to set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes
7. Carefully remove toothpick from truffles, then dab a little chocolate to cover the small hole.place back on parchment to set completely. Then you will enjoy these!!!