These Low Fat Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins are high in fiber, very little sugar and no butter. They are a great way to use your brown bananas and you are using applesauce as the main sweetener. I have been substituting applesauce for oil in a lot of my recipes lately and everything I bake is so moist. These are so good, you can eat more than one and not feel guilty.
3-4 very ripe mashed bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour ( whole wheat or all purpose)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl combine your bananas, egg, sugar, applesauce and vanilla and beat just until combined.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and whisk until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and beat just until combined. Then fold in the oats.
5. Pour evenly into cupcake pan with liners, sprinkle each muffin with the chocolate chips or raisins if desired.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until muffin springs back.
Recipe adapted from:novembergrey.blogspot.com