This pepperoni and mozzarella stuffed chicken is so tender on the inside and crisp on the outside, ten when you bite into it, the filling is the best part, cheesy mozzarella and pepperoni. It goes perfect with a salad on the side.
1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast, Around 2-3 medium to large pieces, After cutting them diagonally you will have 4 pieces if you have 2 large breasts and 6 pieces if you have 3 large breasts
8 ounce mozzarella cheese, not shredded
About 16pepperoni slices, from the deli, or 24 slices if using 3 chicken breasts
2 large eggs
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup bread crumbs
8 Tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Slice each chicken breast diagonally, to create 2 diamond like pieces, Using a small sharp knife cut a pocket into each piece of the chicken breast, be sure not to cut all the way through, you just want to make a pocket. Do that with each piece of chicken pocket stuffing all of the pieces with a slice of mozzarella cheese and about 4 slices of pepperoni. When all of the chicken pieces are stuffed season each piece with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Take 3 small bowls, in one place the flour in it, the second one the bread crumbs and the third the eggs with 1 tablespoon water and beaten. Set the bowls aside.
3. Take out a large skillet and place the oil into the pan. Place heat on medium-high then using your hands, pinch the open side with the filling in it so the filling stays in while dredging the chicken in the flour, eggs, then bread crumbs, coating well.
4. Place all of the chicken in the hot oil and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, making sure each side is golden brown and crispy.
5. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 25-28 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink. Then serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted From:foodbest10.blogspot.com