To be honest with you, I would much rather have this healthy, moist and delicious veggie burger than a beef burger. I love all of the ingredients in this burger. And avocados I can eat every day, they are so good for you. It has tender sweet potatoes and creamy white beans, topped with avocado, crispy lettuce and a toasted whole wheat or whole grain bun..Yummy and so worth making!!!
This Makes 7-8 Large Patties
2 cans cannellini white beans, drained and rinsed
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed, about 2 cups
2 Tablespoons tahini
2 teaspoons agave syrup
1 teaspoon lemon/pepper seasoning ( or your favorite spice blend)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
Dash of salt and pepper
Dash of cayenne pepper if desired
Panko bread crumbs
Safflower oil for the pan ( or what ever you have olive oil, canola)
For The Burgers:
avocado( squeeze some lime juice over so it doesn't turn brown) Dijon mustard, grain buns, red onion, romaine lettuce, drizzle of olive oil on top if desired
1. Bake sweet potato, peel and place in a large mixing bowl
2. Add drained beans to the bowl. Mash beans and potato together
3. Add in the lemon/pepper seasoning, salt and pepper, cayenne ( if using), and whole wheat flour and shape into patties, the mixture will be moist and very soft, that is ok, but you can add a little more flour to the mixture, and you will be able to form into a patty.
4. Heat 1-2 Tablespoons of safflower oil, or olive oil, into a pan over high heat
5. Form a patty and dredge into the panko bread crumbs, a thick coating, and place patties into the pan. Cook until brown on both sides. Then transfer patties to a paper towel lined plate.
6. Place on toasted buns and put on lots of the toppings.
Note: The patty may fall apart a little but that is ok, just place it back into shape.
Recipe Adapted From: klunchboxbunch.com