Saturday, March 8, 2014
Fudgy Mint Chocolate Brownies
These moist and delicious brownies are filled with a yummy chocolate mint filled cookie. Perfect for St. Patricks Day dessert or for any day of the year. Easy to make and always great to have brownies around the house, who doesn't like a brownie!!!
1 stick of butter, melted
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 Tablespoons brewed coffee, left over from morning coffee
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, or dutch processed
1/2 cup all purpose flour
25 mint oreo's, each quartered, divided use
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, use a 8x8 inch square pan lined with foil, and spayed with cooking spray and set aside
2. In the microwave melt the butter, let cool
3. In a large bowl add the melted butter, whisk in the egg, brown sugar, and coffee, then whisk until combined, add the coffee, mint extract and vanilla and whisk until combined.
4. Whisk in the cocoa powder, for a few minutes until batter is smooth with no lumps, whisk in the flour until combined, you do not have to over mix.
5. Using a sharp knife quarter 20 oreo's, then stir them into the batter.
6. Pour mixture into the prepared pan, making sure the oreo's are evenly dispersed, smooth out mixture with spatula.
7. With a sharp knife quarter the remaining oreo's and place them evenly onto the batter in the pan. Push them down lightly, you do not want to submerge, you want to see them.
8. Bake 28-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean, or with few crumbs. 28 minutes was perfect for me the were soft and fudgy, if you like them a little more, firmer and cake like, keep in the oven another few minutes. Take out of oven and let set for at least 30 minutes. Bars will stay for 1 week in a airtight container.
Recipe From: averiecooks.com