This Buffalo Chicken Mac 'n Cheese is coated in a delicious sauce, then has a added crunch with bell peppers, has just the perfect amount of heat and with the addition of chicken makes this a perfect meal. This has to be my one of my favorites now..Try it you will love it!!!!
13 ounce pasta, penne, shells or rotini
1 pound cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces, (you can poach the chicken in boiling water until no longer pink and cut into pieces)
2 small bell peppers, red or yellow, chopped
1 bunch of scallions, green part only, chopped and divided
2 garlic cloves, diced
8 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 - 3/4 cup franks buffalo hot sauce
3 cups shredded cheese( cheddar, mozzarella or Mexican blend)
3/4 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large stockpot, boil pasta according to directions on package less 2 minutes, because it is going to cook again in the oven, drain.
3. Place drained pasta in a 13x9 inch baking dish and stir in the chicken, peppers, 1/2 of the green onions, and 1 1/2 cups cheese and mix well.
4. Place the garlic, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and 1/2 cup hot sauce and puree until smooth. Pour mixture over the pasta, and toss and coat evenly.
5. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese and panko bread crumbs together and sprinkle evenly over the pasta mixture.
6. Bake in the oven 30-35 minutes until cheese is bubbly and brown. Take out of oven and sprinkle the remaining scallion over the top and serve. Enjoy!!!!
recipe from: thecomfortofcooking.com