Oatmeal Cream Pies..These cookies are so moist inside and crisp oats on the outside. The filling is so creamy. Just like those famous oatmeal pies that we all buy, now we can make them from home, and so delicious.
1 1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3 cups quick cooking oats
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For The Cream Filling:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 Tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, mix then add the oats and stir until all combined.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture and beat until combined.
5. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared sheets, 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 3 minutes then transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
6. For the cream filling add the butter to a large mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes, then add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream and beat until thickened and smooth.
7. After cookies are cooled spread the cream filling on 1 side of the cookie then place another cookie on top to sandwich together and Enjoy!!
Recipe From: bloomingonbainbridge.com