Saturday, March 22, 2014
Apple Pie Muddy Mix
This delicious muddy mix tastes just like an apple pie. So simple to make, only a few ingredients. This snack is perfect to have around the house for everyone to snack on, and also is perfect to put out for snacks if you are having a party. Everyone will enjoy this yummy snack..
8 cups Apple Cinnamon Chex Cereal
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons apple pie spice
1. Pour the cereal into a large bowl and set aside
2. In a microwave proof bowl pour the chocolate chips in and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, melt until completely smooth. Do not burn.
3. In a large ziploc bag add the powdered sugar with 2 teaspoons of apple pie spice and shake a few times to distribute the spice into the powdered sugar, set aside.
4. After the chocolate is melted pour over the cereal and stir gently so that all of the cereal is coated.
5. Then dump the coated cereal into the large ziploc bag with the powdered sugar/apple pie spice mixture and shake, shake, shake until all of the cereal is coated with the powdered sugar mixture.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour cereal evenly onto the cookie sheet until it dries and set.
7. After the cereal is dry store in an airtight container
recipe adapted from: apumpkinandaprincess.com