Sunday, March 30, 2014
BBQ Chicken Cups
This is another delicious recipe that has chicken smothered in bbq sauce, onions, and bacon filled in a tender flake biscuit topped with mozzarella cheese..perfect for an appetizer or a dinner with a salad on the side. These will go quick at any party so you may want to double recipe. Enjoy!!!!
1 small can tender flake biscuits( 10 in each)
2 large chicken breasts
1/2 cup sliced red onion
8 slices bacon, diced
1-2 cups BBQ sauce( I like sweet baby rays)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, take out muffin tin and set aside
2. In a sauté pan on medium heat add I tablespoon olive oil and cook chicken breasts and onions for about 4-5 minutes per side until juice runs clear. After chicken cools shred chicken with two forks into small pieces and set aside.
3. In a small sauté pan cook the diced bacon for about 4-5 minutes until slightly crisp, remove from pan and place on paper towel lined plate, set aside.
4. In a large sauté pan combine the chicken, onions, BBQ sauce( enough to moisten mixture) and bacon stir until all combined.
5. Take the biscuits, separate each one, then place one biscuit in each muffin tin and with your hands, press then evenly up the sides and the bottom of the muffin tin.
6. Take the chicken mixture and fill each cup evenly, then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown
7. Let cool for a few minutes then using a knife loosen the biscuits from the pan and a serve immediately.