Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Chicken Parmesan Wraps
Take about 1 of my favorite things I have ever made, this is one of them. I love to find ways to use egg roll wrappers, and the tender chicken inside filled with spinach leaves and cheese, then dip them in marinara sauce, so good. These are perfect for dinner I make pasta with olive oil and garlic then have the chicken parmesan wraps with it. Or a great appetizer to serve. You can easily double this recipe to feed more people. Either way, great recipe everyone has to try!!!
8 ounces of chicken breast or tenders ( raw)
1 cup marinara sauce, plus more for dipping
6 egg roll wrappers ( 7 inch squared)
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. In a small stockpot place the chicken in and fill with water, boil on high until the chicken is cooked and no longer pink, about 5-10 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken is. After it is cooked, let cool a few minutes then using 2 forks shred the meat.
2. Pour the marinara sauce in a medium bowl and place the chicken in the sauce
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place the egg roll wrappers on a clean work surface, layer in the center a few leaves of spinach, chicken mixture, mozzarella cheese then the parmesan cheese.
4. Lightly brush 2 adjacent sides of the wrapper with water then fold the upper left corner downward, covering the filling and press to seal on the bottom right corner. Press to seal each of the sides. Repeat with the remaining wraps.
5. Place all wraps on a greased wire rack then set over a cookie sheet, coat each wrap with a little cooking spray or lightly brush with olive oil , and bake for about 12 minutes until the edges become golden brown. Remove from oven, cut in half diagonally, and serve with warm sauce on the side or on top on the wraps.