Saturday, March 29, 2014
BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad With Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
8 slices cooked bacon, sliced
2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
Salt and pepper to taste
5 tablespoons BBQ sauce or more to taste
2 large eggs
5 cups clean chopped romaine lettuce
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, pitted, halved, diced, (lime juice to squeeze over so it doesn't turn brown)
1 cup canned corn, drained
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Ingredients:
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Cracked black pepper and salt to taste
1. For the dressing whisk the buttermilk, Greek yogurt, sour cream, dill, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper together. Place in a small bowl, or mason jar and set aside.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium high heat cook bacon 6-8 minutes until brown and crispy. Drain all of the fat except for 2 tablespoons to cook chicken in. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and set aside..
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste add to skillet, flip once, cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until juice runs clear, take out of pan and set aside.
4. After chicken cools, cut into bite sized pieces, place in a small bowl and add the BBQ sauce and gently toss to coat. Set aside.
5. Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with cold water by 1 inch and bring to a boil simmer for 10 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
6. Drain well and run under cool water before peeling eggs. After cool, slice eggs and set aside.
7. To assemble the salad, in a large bowl or platter, place the romaine lettuce on the bottom, then in rows place bacon, eggs, tomatoes, BBQ chicken, avocado, corn, and beans.
8. Serve immediately with buttermilk ranch dressing and enjoy!!!
Recipe slightly adapted from:damdelicious.net