I think this may be one of my favorite cake's. A mist cake swirled with graham crackers, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Then a delicious frosting with more of the cinnamon mixture on top..Yumm!!!
- 1 white cake mix, prepared as directed on box
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare white cake mix according to package directions.
- In separate bowl, combine cinnamon, graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Stir until combined and crumbly.
- Pour half of the cake batter into pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over batter, then run a knife through it to swirl. Repeat using remaining cake batter and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake according to cake package directions.
- Frosting: Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Optional garnish: Reserve a little cinnamon mixture to sprinkle over cake if desired, but I don't I like it all in the cake.