This is a perfect comfort meal to the max. Delicious herb marinated chicken, a savory garlic gravy, and juicy tomatoes mixed in pasta. This is a fresh amazing meal that is easy to make for a huge crowd or perfect for during the week for the family...Enjoy!!!
1 pound spaghetti pasta
1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
2 cups cherry tomatoes
Ingredients For The Chicken Marinade:
2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary chopped, if using dried use half the amount
1 lemon zested
juice from 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 more Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to fry the marinated chicken in
Directions For The Marinated Chicken:
1. Combined the chicken and all of the marinate into a ziploc bag and marinate for 30 minutes, or you can marinate overnight and will have much better flavor.
2. After chicken marinates sauté in 2-3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, for about 5-7 minutes until juices run clear. Set aside on plate.
Ingredients For The Garlic Gravy:
1/2 stick butter
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped then some for garnish
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Place a sauté pan on stove and add the 1/2 stick of butter and 2 Tablespoons olive oil add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft and fragrant, whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, add the chicken stock and simmer for few minutes until sauce is thickened add the chopped basil, salt and pepper, add the cherry tomatoes and cook until few minutes until warm, toss the chicken into the gravy to reheat. Take off the heat.
2. Meanwhile in a large stockpot cook pasta according to directions on package, cook till al dente. Drain pasta and toss with the chicken gravy, if sauce is a little thick you can add 1/2 cup pasta water to thin out( but you shouldn't have to)
3. Serve on platter with extra parmesan and parsley for garnish..Enjoy!!!