Strawberry And Chia Seed Popsicle..these sweet treats are not only good for you but have the super seed Chia in them..Great way to get your kids to enjoy these popsicles, and are healthy for them too. I have been buying these seeds for a while ago now. And I am trying any way that I can to try new recipes with these seeds. Click on this link to find some information I found out about the super seed "Chia".
Recipe For Popsicle's Below:
The chia seed was once a staple food of the Aztecs, loved for its ability to sustain and to give endurance. Actually, you could live off chia almost entirely, because it has 19 amino acids, with all of the essential amino acids except taurine.
- Chia is gluten free
- It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues.
- It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon!
- It boasts 20% protein
- It is high in antioxidants (It has a four times higher ORAC value than blueberries)
- Chia contains five times more calcium than milk
- Chia contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
- It contains three times more iron than spinach
- It contains twice the potassium content of banana
- It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails
- It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics)
- Chia makes a great egg replacement. Just combine with water to form a gel, and add it to recipes that call for egg.
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen raspberries or pineapple
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup orange juice
1. In a blender or food processor or blender puree ingredients
2. Pour into molds and freeze overnight. Enjoy!!!