These chocolate stuffed cookies are the perfect snack. The cookies are soft in the middles yet crisp around the edges, and the chocolate filling is smooth and creamy. Quick, easy and yummy recipe everyone will love!!!
Ingredients For The Chocolate Cookies:
1 box devil's food cake mix, sifted to remove any lumps
1/3 C. oil
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 C. butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 C. powdered sugar, more if needed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and brown sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Make small dough balls about the size of a walnut and place on cookie sheets 3 inches apart.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes depending on how brownie-like or cake-like you want them to be.
5. Let cookies cool.
6. Chocolate Filling: Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth using a mixer. Add more powdered sugar if too thin or not sweet enough.
7. Frost the bottoms of half the cookies and place the unfrosted cookies on top to create little Oreo cookie sandwiches.
8. Place in container and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.