Saturday, March 8, 2014
These pancake dippers are such a great idea. So simple to make and you only need bacon and pancake mix. Kids will love these, when they take a bite of the pancake, and their is a surprise piece of bacon inside. Great idea for Breakfast Buffets, Sunday Morning breakfast, and easy enough to make during the week.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
1. Make pancake mix according to package instructions in a large bowl, whisk together and set aside.
2. Pour the pancake batter into a squeeze bottle and using scissors cut the hole to make bigger so batter will come out.
3. Cook the bacon, either bake or fry it. After done cooking the bacon, place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
4. Draw the pancake batter onto a greased griddle into a oval shape ( the length of the bacon) and a little bit wider than a slice of the bacon because the batter will expand, place a slice of cooked bacon on to the center of each pancake, and press the bacon down gently, in a zig zag pattern squirt the batter on top of the bacon to cover entire slice, this will avoid over cooking the bacon on the griddle
5. Cook each dipper until the batter on one side bubbles up, flip and do the same for the other side.
6. Place dippers on a platter and serve warm syrup in a small bowl next to dippers and serve. Enjoy!!!