Thursday, March 13, 2014
Cherry Pie Bars
These delicious cherry bars are so good, a shortbread crust and the sweet cherry filling in the middle with a awesome glaze..A definite favorite in my house!!!
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract( optional)
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 ( 21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, 2 cans if you really like cherries, I like 2 cans
Ingredients For Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
2-3 Tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Cream together butter and sugar, until fluffy, add the 4 eggs and beat until well combined, then add in the almond and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated
3. Spread 3 cups of batter into the pan evenly, spread the pie filling over entire crust. Then dollop the remaining batter on top of the pie filling.
4. Bake for 35 minutes , or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack
5. Using a mixture combine glaze ingredients and beat until glaze is smooth. When cake is cooled drizzle glaze over bars, and Enjoy!!!!