Thursday, March 20, 2014
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
These creamy and cheesy enchiladas are a perfect meal, easy to make and everyone loves these. My family looks forward to every time I make them. As you can see, I do not go out to eat, I cook every night and can make everything that I can get out at a restaurant. And I know exactly who is making them and what is going into the dishes. I love to try every cuisine from Indian, Italian food. You will enjoy this dish, I am glad I get to share this one with you.
5 ounce cream cheese, softened, or light cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream, or light sour cream
2 ( 10 ounce ) cans enchilada sauce, or you can use 1 can, but I like extra sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breasts, you can parboil in water until no longer pink, then shred with 2 forks
1 cup frozen corn, thawed, or you can use 1 can
4 ounce can diced green chilies
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
8 ( 8 inch) tortillas white or whole wheat
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 13x9 inch dish with cooking spray and set aside
2. In a large bowl cream together cream cheese, sour cream and 7 ounces of enchilada sauce, then stir in 1/2 cup of both cheeses.
3. In another large bowl add the chicken, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, green chilies and half of the scallions. Add the chicken mixture to the cream cheese mixture and stir well
4. Pour 5 ounces of enchilada sauce into the prepared dish
5. On a plate place the tortilla, then spoon some of the filling ( dividing the filling between the 8 tortillas) into the tortilla and roll up and place in the dish seam side down, finish filling the rest, pour the remaining 8 ounces of sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbling and brown. Sprinkle remaining scallions, let set for about 10 minutes and serve..Enjoy!!