Monday, March 3, 2014
St. Patricks Day Bundt Cake
This cake is super easy to make. Just box of cake mix, container of frosting and green food coloring and a little of your own creativity. It is an awesome looking cake. No one would believe it is done in no time at all. You will defiantly impress everyone with this cake. Read the directions and see how easy it is. Done in like 35 minutes!!!!
1 box Duncan Hines Vanilla Cake Mix
1 container white or vanilla fluffy frosting
Green Food Coloring
1. You will need to grease your bundt pan. Follow the ingredients on the box of the cake mix. With a mixer beat your cake mix according to directions. Then taking 3 medium bowls split you cake mix evenly into the 3 bowls. One will stay white, the second you will make a dark green, using your food coloring just place as many drops as you need to make dark green and mix until combined with a spoon, the third you will make a lighter green using food coloring and fewer drops of the green food coloring, then mix with spoon. Then the bottom of the bundt pan pour the lighter green cake mix, then all of the dark green, then all of the white.
2. Bake in the oven following directions and time for bundt pan. Remove from oven when toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
3. After completely cooled, place on a platter and start on the frosting.
4. Take out 3 small bowls and divide frosting evenly into the bowls. Again, place some food coloring in one bowl to make frosting a darker green, the other bowl a lighter green, and the third bowl stays white.
5. Start with one color at a time, place the dark green frosting bowl in the microwave for like 10-20 seconds, to thin out a little, when becomes a little thinner, take a fork and go crazy and drizzle from top to bottom of cake all the way around entire cake, then repeat with the lighter green, then the white. It will come out beautiful any way you drizzle it. Then if desired add some green and white sprinkles to the top. Thats it Enjoy!!!