These savory little bites are loaded with great flavor, easy to make and perfect for a party appetizer or to make for a side dish with dinner. Give them a try, you will love them.
1 stick butter
1 small onion, diced ( about 1/2 cup)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 ( 10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 ( 8 ounce) bag herbed seasoning stuffing mix ( Pepperidge Farm makes it) USE THIS DRY, do not cook the stuffing, so measure out 8 ounces of the dry stuffing mix right out of the bag
6 large eggs
1 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a saute pan melt the butter, add the onions and cook about 5 minutes until soft and translucent, add the garlic and cook until fragrant only 1-2 minutes, take saute pan off heat and set aside, let cool
3. Meanwhile with strainer and then paper towels drain all of the water out of the spinach completely, you do not need to cook spinach
4. In a large bowl combine stuffing mix, spinach, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and onion/garlic mixture. Stir until completely combined.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
6. Using your hands, roll the spinach mixture into 1 inch sized balls, place on lined cookie sheet
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until color is a nice brown.
8. Use your favorite marinara sauce for dipping, or ranch dressing