This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal. Simple and easy to make and loaded with veggies. Top it off with a fried egg then when you break into the egg the yolk will run into the dish, the best part!!!Double the recipe for a large family and everyone will love it..Yummy!!!
8 ounces medium shell pasta
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
3 Tablespoons olive oil
Fresh ground pepper and salt
1/2 cup basil pesto sauce ( store bought)
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, julienned and drained
1/3 cup cubed mozzarella
Fried eggs for serving ( if desired you do not need to add the egg)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. In a large stockpot boil water and cook pasta according to directions on package, drain well
3. Place asparagus on lined cookie sheet, in a single layer, then drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over the asparagus, toss to coat and roast for 8-12 minutes until tender but crisp. Let cool then cut into 1 inch pieces
4. In the stockpot add the cooked pasta, asparagus, pesto and sun dried tomatoes. Heat everything up for several minutes on low.
4. In a small skillet, add butter and fry several eggs for topping the dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper
5. In a large serving platter or bowl combine pasta mixture, and mozzarella.
6. Serve immediately in a bowl and top with a fried egg for each serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from: damdelicious.net