Monday, March 3, 2014
Slow Cooker Peach Salsa Roast Pork With Sweet Potatoes
This roast pork is unbelievable, it has a sweet and savory taste to it. Easy to make in the slow cooker. I love to make salsa in so many of my recipes. Peach salsa happens to always be in my house, I go to costco and purchase the big container for about 6 dollars. This is a healthy recipe swapping out white potatoes for sweet potatoes, another one of my favorites, Something about this dish, the sweet potatoes and the peach salsa are the perfect combination..Thumbs up for this one in my house!!!
1 ( 2-3) pound boneless pork roast (loin)
kosher salt and black pepper
1 Tablespoon canola, vegetable or olive oil
5 small about ( 1 1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
2 cups peach salsa
2 garlic cloves, minced
Optional :Serve with rice or pasta, scallions, parsley or cilantro for garnish, dash of chili hot sauce
1. Scatter evenly the cubed sweet potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot, set the slow cooker to high and place the lid on
2. Sprinkle the pork roast with salt and the pepper
3. In a large skillet or cast iron skillet over high heat place the olive oil in the pan, carefully place the pork roast in the pan and sear on the first side, do not turn until the meat releases itself, and the color is a deep golden brown, then turn the pork over and sear on the other side the same way, do this on all sides of the roast.
4. Using tongs, remove the pork from skillet and place on top of the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker, then pour the peach salsa over the entire roast. Place the lid back on cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-9 hours.
5. To serve take pork roast out of the slow cooker, slice the pork into 1 inch thick chops, place on your plate and load your plate with the sweet potatoe/salsa mixture from the crockpot. You can serve this with rice/pasta or whatever your family likes. Garnish with parsley or cilantro.