These healthy strawberry oat bars are so delicious. With every bite you get the perfect melt in your mouth oatmeal base, which is healthy using apple butter, maple syrup and almond or peanut butter, no refined sugar in this recipe, that is another reason why I love these bars. The thick strawberry filling is amazing, I can tell you, you do not need to go to the store and buy those healthy bars anymore, if you do not have several of these ingredients, I love apple butter and maple syrup so I always have them, and everything else you probably have in your pantry, but trust me, buy them because you will be making these bars a lot. I love to find healthy and easy recipes, and when I do, I can tell when they are gone in 1-2 days, that they are a hit. This recipe is so easy to make, the hardest part is waiting for them to cool and dig right into them. This recipe is a winner, save it for your recipe file..Enjoy!!!
Ingredients For The Filling:
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups finely diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 and 1/4 cup quick oats ( Not Old Fashioned)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- To make the strawberry filling , Whisk the cornstarch with the warm water until it all of the cornstarch has dissolved and there are no more clumps and smooth then set aside. Combine the strawberries, maple syrup, and sugar together in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and whisking well. Then remove from heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Whisk until smooth and clump free. Then set the filling aside until thickened.
- To Make The Oat Topping:
- In a large bowl, combine the quick oats, cinnamon, almond butter, maple syrup, apple butter, and beaten egg. Stir until all of the oats are moistened and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Reserve 1/2 cup of the oat mixture. Press the remaining oat mixture into prepared baking pan. Press down firmly and evenly with your hands. Then spread the strawberry filling on top. Then on top of the strawberry filling add the reserved 1/2 cup oat mixture add the sliced almonds. Crumble over the strawberry filling and, using a spatula, press the topping down firmly into the strawberry filling to make sure it sticks firmly to the filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the topping is lightly browned. Allow to cool completely about 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container on counter or refrigerator for about 4-5 days.