A yummy chicken breast stuffed with salami, mozzarella cheese, in a delicious marinara sauce and topped with fresh basil. This is so good when the salami and cheese gets warm and melted inside, a perfect meal that everyone will love!!!
4 Chicken Breasts
4 Cups Marinara Sauce ( Homemade Or From Jar)
5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
8-10 ounces Mozzarella Cheese ( A block of mozzarella, sliced)
16 Slices Salami ( Thinly Sliced From Deli)
Fresh Chopped Basil For Topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover the bottom of the dish generously with sauce.
- Pound out the chicken between saran wrap to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Working one at a time place 4 slices of salami on each chicken breast starting from the thinnest end and stopping an inch from the opposite end then place 2-3 thinly slices of mozzarella over top and then roll up starting from the thinnest end. Secure with a toothpicks and place aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat add the olive oil and when the oil is hot add the chicken breasts and cook about 3-4 minutes per side, just until you get a nice golden brown color, then remove from pan.
- Place chicken in prepared baking dish and then pour some sauce on each chicken breast, then place 1-2 more slices of mozzarella over each piece of chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cheese is brown and bubbly, then remove the toothpicks for serving. Sprinkle basil over the top and serve..