These Reese's Peanut Butter Brownies will leave you speechless, they have a bottom layer of brownies, topped with a peanut butter cheesecake layer filled with Reese's peanut butter candy, then topped with a chocolate topping and loads of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Need I say more, another hit at my family parties..So good that you have to try them, and so easy to make..Enjoy!!
- 19.5-oz. box chocolate fudge brownie mix (using ingredients called for on box)
- 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 oz. Reese’s Pieces candy
- 12-oz. bag milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 12 Large Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped ( or you can buy a bag of mini Reese's peanut butter cups and cut in half or thirds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees degrees then lightly coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions. Spread the batter in pan and set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with hand-held mixer until fluffy about 2 minutes, then add sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter and beat until smooth. Stir in the Reese’s Pieces candies. Spoon the mixture over the batter. Spread evenly with offset spatula or knife.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set and edges are golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes on the counter then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small microwave bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and whipping cream for 30 second intervals, stirring each time for about 1 minute, or until smooth and melted. Spread over cheesecake layer. Sprinkle roughly chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup pieces over top. Place back in refrigerator for about 1-2 hours, cut into small bars and serve. Keep stored covered in the refrigerator.
recipe slightly adapted from:http://www.pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/2011/8/14/reeses-cheesecake-brownies.html