Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Butter Pecan Cupcakes
Who loves Butter Pecans, well I do and these cupcakes deliver that amazing taste. Have some vanilla bean ice cream on the side and yumm..The recipe is very easy with a moist cake filled with toasted pecans and topped off with a yummy frosting, then the toasted pecans drizzled on top. This is a rich cupcake but worth every bite..Enjoy!!!
Ingredients For 30 Cupcakes:
2 -2/3 cups chopped pecans
1 ¼ cups softened butter, divided
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt ¼ cup of the butter. Add the chopped pecans and toss to coat. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until nuts are toasted and fragrant, not burnt so keep watching about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and remaining cup of butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add the dry mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk. Mix well after each addition. Stir in 1 1/3 cups of the toasted pecans. The remainder of the pecans will be used to top the cupcakes.
5. Spoon the batter into each liner. Bake for 12-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 30 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Butter Pecan Frosting:
1 cup butter, softened
8 ½ cups powdered sugar
5 ounces evaporated milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
Cream together the butter, vanilla and 3 cups of the powdered sugar. Once well incorporated, add evaporated milk alternating with a cup of powdered sugar at a time until all ingredients have been added. Beat on high for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Pipe on cupcakes and top with remaining 1 1/3 cups toasted pecans.