These Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes are super moist and delicious, then the Maple Buttercream frosting is so smooth and with the touch of maple syrup they are perfect, this is another cupcake perfect for dessert or can be eaten for breakfast. I have been making these a while, everyone I serve them to loves them and wants the recipe, so here it is..Enjoy!!
Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes: Makes 24
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cup sugar
2 egg whites
3 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 ½ cups fresh blueberries, (tossed in 2 Tablespoons flour to coat so they do not sink to bottom)
Maple Buttercream Frosting:
½ cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese
2-3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
4 - 4 1/4 cups powdered sugar
Milk, as needed
Cinnamon sugar and fresh blueberries to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 2-3 minutes
3. On low speed, add eggs and egg whites one at a time until each in fully incorporated.
4. In a large separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
5. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the wet (milk, vanilla extract and sour cream). Let each ingredient fully mix in before adding another, do not overmix.
6. Fold in blueberries. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for about 18 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
For The Maple Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy about 2-3 minutes, then add maple syrup and powdered sugar and let beat again. If needed, add 1 tablespoon of milk to loosen. You can start with 4 cups powdered sugar and add the additional 1/2 cup as needed, I like my icing thick.
Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes and top with cinnamon sugar and blueberries
recipe adapted from:http://www.yourcupofcake.com/2011/08/blueberry-pancake-cupcakes.html