- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, or you can use dark
- 2 large eggs, room temperature preferred
- 1/3 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 4 large very dark and ripe bananas, about 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups halved FRESH raspberries, tossed in 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour so they do not sink to bottom.
1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan ( I use glass) with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl using mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed, about 3 minutes until light and fluffy. On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the yogurt, mashed bananas and vanilla on medium for 1 minute. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until combined. Using a spoon or spatula, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Slowly stir everything together until fully incorporated. Do not over mix. Gently fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan then sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips. Bake for 55-65 minutes, loosely covering the bread with aluminum foil the last 30 minutes. This will prevent the top and sides from getting too brown. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf will come out clean when the bread is done. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before slicing.