These full of flavor refreshing cupcakes start out with a moist cupcakes, with a touch of lemon and packed with fresh blueberries, then a smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting that will melt in your mouth, perfect for a Mothers Day brunch..Enjoy!!!
Ingredients For 14 Cupcakes:
- 1 and 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 and 1/3 cups fresh blueberries
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two muffin pans with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. Make the cupcakes: In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until combined. Set aside. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Whisk in the granulated and brown sugars. Mixture will be thick. Vigorously whisk the egg, yogurt or sour cream, milk, vanilla, and lemon zest until combined and uniform in texture. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Gently fold in the blueberries.
3. Divide batter among 14 cupcake liners and bake in batches for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4. Make the frosting: In a medium bowl mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth and fluffy about 3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and 1 of the cream then beat for 2-3 minutes, add the vanilla and the other 1 Tablespoon cream if needed to be thinner. Beat for 1-2 minutes. I like a thick frosting, if needed work with the powdered sugar and cream until you reach desired consistency. Frost cooled cupcakes before serving.
5. Decorate with more blueberries if desired.