These amazing Cherry Cheesecake Cookies are a soft and yet delicate cheesecake cookie rolled into graham cracker crumbs and topped with cherry filling. They are a bite size piece of a heavenly cheesecakes but in a cookie, this will soon become a favorite of yours, after finding this recipe I have been making them ever since.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (20 oz) can cherry pie filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, lemon juice and salt until creamy and fluffy. Gradually mix in powdered sugar, then the flour to make a stiff dough. Place dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for about 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Shape dough into small one inch balls.
- In a mixing bowl beat egg white until foamy. Dip each ball into egg white then roll in graham cracker crumbs, making sure they are evenly coated, then place the cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and make a indentation in the middle of each cookie with your thumb.
- Bake for 11-16 minutes, until cookies begin to slightly brown on the bottoms. Remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool then transfer to cooling rack. Fill the centers with about a teaspoon of pie filling or as much as they can hold, making sure each one has a cherry in the center.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. After serving keep stored in a airtight container in the refrigerator..
recipe slightly adapted from:http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/12/cherry-cheesecake-cookies-with-truvia.html