This Buffalo Chicken Mac And Cheese is so delicious with pasta, chicken, bell peppers covered in a delicious spicy cheesy goodness, it is made with cream cheese and blue cheese so it is not so hot, you can also some more hot sauce if you like it hotter, now this is my favorite way to eat the old time favorite mac and cheese. This dish has been a hit for us for years now. We love it and I am sure you
13.25 oz. box pasta (shells, penne) you can use regular or whole grain pasta
1 lb. cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces ( I boil my chicken)
2 small bell peppers, red and yellow, seeded and diced
1 bunch chopped scallions, divided and diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 - 1 cup Buffalo Hot Sauce ( I use Franks)
3 cups shredded cheese, divided (cheddar, mexican blend or both)
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Boil the pasta in salted water according to package instructions, cook al dente. Drain and transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
3. Add the cooked chicken, diced bell peppers, 3/4 of the green onions, and 2 1/4 cups of shredded cheese to the baking dish. Mix well.
4. Place the garlic, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and 1/2 cup hot wing sauce in a food processor. Puree until smooth, taste and add another 1/4 cup hot wing sauce if needed. Pour over the pasta and toss.
5. Mix the remaining 3/4 cup cheese and the Panko together. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
6.Bake until cheese is bubbly and golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
recipe slightly adapted from:http://www.aspicyperspective.com/2012/02/buffalo-chicken-mac-and-cheese.html