These Chocolate Cupcakes With Blackberry Frosting are to die for. They start off with a moist and fluffy chocolate cupcake, then have a creamy and delicious frosting with fresh blackberries. So easy to make and you wont believe the delicious results. And presentation is everything, and these are beautiful cupcakes when placed on a platter. Perfect for a dessert at home, or to take to parties. Enjoy!!
Ingredients For Chocolate Cupcakes:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients For Blackberry Buttercream Frosting:
1 C. butter, softened
4-5 C. powdered sugar
1/4 C. blackberry puree (blackberries thrown in the blender, blend, then run through a strainer to remove seeds)
Extra blackberries for decoration
Directions For Cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix to remove lumps and set aside.
3. In a large bowl mixing bowl beat the eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract until combined.
4. Add the sifted cake mix and beat until smooth, do not over mix.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-22 minute or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let completely cool on counter. Meanwhile make the frosting.
Directions For Blackberry Buttercream Frosting:
1. Beat butter until smooth. Add enough powdered sugar to make the frosting stiff, then slowly add in blackberry puree 1 Tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
2. Pipe frosting on top of cooled cupcakes and finish with a fresh blackberry and chocolate sprinkles if desired.