A delicious and crispy chicken coated in an amazing buttery cracker and cheddar topping, then coated in a yummy sauce that everyone will love. A easy meal to make during the week. Serve with mashed potatoes and you have a meal that everyone will love. Enjoy!!!
For The Chicken:
4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup milk
3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 (14 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
2 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Cut each chicken breast on a diagonal into 3 pieces.
2. In a small food processor grind up the ritz crackers into crumbs, it is
okay if they are not all fine crumbs, you can have a few larger crumbs, it gives
more texture to the chicken.
3. Place the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small bowls.
Add the salt and pepper into the ritz cracker crumbs and using a fork
stir the mixture to combine.
4 Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and finally
the cracker crumbs, pressing the chicken to make sure the crackers stick.
5. Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a 9x13 pan and lay the chicken
inside the pan.
6. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
7. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken
is golden brown and crispy.
8. Into a medium sized pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream
and butter and whisk until smooth and combined. Stir it over medium high heat until
the sauce starts to bubble and warm. Serve the sauce over the chicken and enjoy!!
Serve with mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes or rice.
recipe and photos slightly adapted from: