I have to say these amazing beautiful cupcakes are one of the best I have ever eaten. They start out with a moist and delicious cupcakes filled with cherry filling then topped with a dreamy frosting, then garnished with a cherry on top and chocolate shavings. These are the cupcakes to make for a party, they will be a huge it and everyone will want this recipe. I had to make these after I found the recipe, but I did make changes to the original, and I loved them..
Ingredients For The Cupcakes Makes 24 Cupcakes:
1 box Devil's of Chocolate cake mix
1/2 C. oil
3/4 C. buttermilk or milk
1/2 C. sour cream or plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients For The Frosting:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Stir in cake mix.
5. Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-21 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cut a hole in the centers of each cupcake (big enough to fit 1 1/2 Tbsp filling) Add about 1 1/2 - 2 Tablespoons cherry pie filling to holes in cupcakes.
Photo from www.cookingclassy.com
recipe adapted from www.cookingclassy.com