- Talk about an amazing dessert to serve for any party or at home to make your own chocolate sundaes. These will be a huge hit for a crowd to set up a ice cream bar. Who doesn't love ice cream in a chocolate shell. I love this idea. Amazing and tastes so good.
- I melted some chocolate coating and dipped along the edges of our tacos and then dipped them in sprinkles. After that we simply fill them with vanilla ice cream and toppings. NOTE: To really make it simple I just found at Walmart Taco Bell Chocolate taco shells. So the shells are already done, all you have to do is then dip the edges of the shells into melted chocolate, then sprinkles (jimmies), let dry and fill the inside with your favorite ice cream and toppings. This recipe is so versatile that you can fill them up with anything you want.
- Ingredients For The Shells:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon 2% reduced-fat milk or whole milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 2/3 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream or any flavor you desire
- Sprinkles, Chocolate Sauce, M&M's, peanuts,
- Caramel, anything you like to make a sundae
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.2. Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring well. Stir in egg whites,
milk, and vanilla.3. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Using your finger,
draw 4 (5-inch) circles on baking sheet. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter
onto each circle, spreading to edges of circle using the back of a spoon.
Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Loosen edges
with a spatula; remove from baking sheet. Working quickly, gently drape
each taco over suspended wooden spoons, gently shaping into a shell;
cool completely. (Shells are delicate and should be handled carefully when
shaped.) Repeat procedure to form a total of 8 shells.4. Combine chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring after 30
seconds; stir until smooth. Gently dip the outer edges of the chocolate
mixture onto cooled shells, then dip in sprinkles and let dry.
Spoon 1/3 cup ice cream into each shell. Drizzle chocolate sauce
over ice cream, then all of your toppings. Freeze for at least 30
minutes before serving.
recipe adapted from: cooking light magazine