Here ya go, A delicious Strawberry and Habanero Margarita that has the perfect blend of sweetness with a kick and the lime juice, and a cayenne salted rim glass..it has the best of everything...So glad I found this recipe..
- • ¼ cup Strawberry Habanero Simple Syrup
- • ¼ cup Fresh Lime juice
- • 4 ounces Grand Marnier
- • 4 ounces Tequila
- • Strawberry Habanero Simple Syrup:
- • 1 cup sugar
- • 1 cup water
- • 1 cup strawberries
- • 1 habanero with seeds
- Cayenne Pepper and salt mixed to rim the glass
- Note: In a small plate add large salt flakes and few dashes of cayenne pepper, mix and set aside
- For the Strawberry Habanero Syrup: Bring everything to a simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Strain the syrup through a chinoise and reserve juice. Discard the berries and pepper.
- Chill the syrup.
- To make the drink, combine ice, the syrup, the lime juice and the liquor in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and then dip the glass into the tequila and then dip into the cayenne/salt mixture, then pour into a chilled ice filled glass. Garnish with a lime slice.